Rear brake light switch

andy andy at prestonmedina.com
Wed Sep 29 13:12:15 PDT 2010

I used to have a pressure switch on my front brakes. That was
until the morning I came to a stop pretty hard, and a car pulled along
side me to tell me that my brake lights weren't working :(

  Dave, it's pretty simple to bend up a piece of metal to operate the
spring. It doesn't need to be that strong, if it bends instead of the
spring extending it won't matter, as long as it is stiff enough to
actually activate the switch. You might want to WD40 the switch, it can
get grimey and a little stiff. Also for fine tuning, I find it much easier
to put a small kink in the long straight bit of the spring piece.
adjusting that is easier than keep tweaking the switch up and down by half
a turn.

HTH,

Andy