Transmission sprocket ?

Henrik Bo Pedersen henrikbp at gmail.com
Sat Aug 13 14:43:05 PDT 2011

Sorry - rookie question alert:

I'm exchanging my stock chain/sprocket setup for a Superlite 520 conversion kit, keeping the stock 15/45 gearing.

- the 520 transmission sprocket has one side flat and the other side has a raised area. When comparing to the tooth alignment on the stock sprocket it looks like the raised side should face out and away from the engine. Is that correct?

- from the manual it looks like I will need to put the chain on and block the rear wheel (2x4) in order to tighten the nut to the 105 ft.lbs. specified in the manual. Correct?

- since I'm keeping stock 15/45 gearing I should count out 110 links - as specified in the manual - on the new chain - right?

Anything else I should keep an eye out for?

Thanks,

Henrik