1st Gen front plug not firing

Aaron Turner synfinatic at gmail.com
Tue Jun 21 09:01:09 PDT 2011

On Tue, Jun 21, 2011 at 8:52 AM,  <stevemunyon at comcast.net> wrote:

> I know this subject came up a few months ago, but I'm not sure if there's some kind of search function that would let me look through previous emails.  Right now the front cylinder spark plug is not firing on 1st Gen SV.  It started out as a high speed miss then got worse as I went out in additional sessions.  Since there's no spark with a new plug too, but the rear plug is fine and it runs on 1 cylinder, I'm assuming it's the front coil.  Is this a safe assumption?
>

> Also, Does anyone I have a extra set of 1st Gen Coils that they'd like to sell?  I'm looking for a spare too.  Can a 1st Gen use 2nd Gen coils?

1st & 2nd gen coils are of a different size.  you prolly could
fabricate a bracket to make the 2nd gen fit, but easier to just get a
1st gen.

But yeah, it's prolly the coil...  check the low volt leads and the
plug wire to make sure.  You can also try swapping the coils.

--
Aaron Turner
http://synfin.net/         Twitter: @synfinatic