1st Gen front plug not firing

Steve Munyon stevemunyon at comcast.net
Tue Jun 21 18:38:03 PDT 2011

Thanks for the tips, tonight I pulled both plugs and hit the starter to make
sure the front cylinder still isn't firing.  Sure enough it's firing, I hate
intermittent electrical problems.  The primary side of both coils is 4.7 -
4.8 ohms and the secondary side 26.4k and 26.6k ohms, so they look good in a
static condition and the connections are really tight.  I also checked the
battery voltage and it was only 12.21 volts and it's just a cheapo battery
from the local auto parts store.  Can a weak battery cause a high-speed
miss?