Cutting stock windscreen

Erik Weber yoober at gmail.com
Sun Mar 27 13:39:26 PDT 2011

I would like to trim the "dog ears" off the corners of my stock
first-gen windscreen, so it's even with the fairing, to give me a
little more helmet clearance. About 1-1/2 inches would be cut off. If
you look at the stock windscreen it has "flaps" basically at the
corners and I don't see why they need to be there.

Has anyone cut the windscreen before? Is this a bad idea? What is the
proper tool to use? Is there a good way to smooth the cut edge? Would
this be breaking WERA rules (don't think so)?

Thanks,
Erik