Ted Temple lrrs52 at
Tue Mar 29 13:53:41 PDT 2011

Anyone know if there are any of these stateside for sale?

Ted Temple
LRRS #52 - WERA #552
Sponsored By:
Spears Enterprises -
Woodcraft -

--- On Sun, 3/27/11, Erik Weber <yoober at> wrote:

From: Erik Weber <yoober at>
Subject: Cutting stock windscreen
Date: Sunday, March 27, 2011, 4:39 PM

I would like to trim the "dog ears" off the corners of my stock
first-gen windscreen, so it's even with the fairing, to give me a
little more helmet clearance. About 1-1/2 inches would be cut off. If
you look at the stock windscreen it has "flaps" basically at the
corners and I don't see why they need to be there.

Has anyone cut the windscreen before? Is this a bad idea? What is the
proper tool to use? Is there a good way to smooth the cut edge? Would
this be breaking WERA rules (don't think so)?