some advice re: downshifting in corner entry

Chris Burgess chris at
Tue May 10 12:02:57 PDT 2011

Frankly a slipper isn't is nice sometimes to not have to think
about controlling the clutch during extreme braking situations (which
California has none) but not needed.

But yeah...what's the issue.

On Tue, May 10, 2011 at 11:50 AM, Steve Robertson
<srobertson at>wrote:

> Well to start with, what problems are you having?
>  Anyone on this list willing to spend a few minutes talking to me about
>> downshifting?  Not street, just race corner entry downshifting.  I'm really
>> struggling with this on my z-built superbike.  Obviously a slipper clutch is
>> probably a good answer, but I'd like to learn how to do this better without
>> the technology assist.

WERA #104
OMRRA #104
WMRRA #104