some advice re: downshifting in corner entry

Randy Grein randygrein at comcast.net
Wed May 11 13:32:09 PDT 2011

Chris has some good caveats - he does have better brakes/front end
which makes a difference, and a fairly stock motor does too. He also
has a slightly different vision of 'extreme' braking which wasn't in
the original post - Jo's problem has to do with downshifting,
especially with a new superbike. The compression ratio will be higher
resulting in even more compression braking leading to rear wheel
squirrelies. I still maintain that the way to deal with that (without
a slipper clutch) is to use the clutch and delay downshifting as
appropriate. There really are no other solutions.

Randy Grein