some advice re: downshifting in corner entry

Dave & Tracy Thomas dave193 at rogers.com
Wed May 18 18:35:07 PDT 2011

I believe it was Kenny Roberts that said sometime you have to slow down to
go fast. I.E. charging into corners and late braking sometimes compresses to
much information for the rider, and upsets the balance of the bike. Try to
do most of your braking up right set your corner speed early and be in the
gear that you want to start accelerating out of the corner at the apex. most
important is to be smooth and consistent. Just a thought Dave