some advice re: downshifting in corner entry

Randy Grein randygrein at comcast.net
Wed May 18 22:45:32 PDT 2011

Thinking about this a bit - it's one thing to SIT on the seat, another
to use it when you're in the right spot. Sounds like you may be having
placement issues, but I could be off. If so, keep in mind that you
need to be in the right position ahead of time - then it's perfectly
fine to rest on the seat. You'll feel tire grip better that way
anyway. So, if this is anywhere near the problem you'll want to:

pop up
shift to the inside (hang off)
squeeze the brakes
tip in as you reduce brake pressure
touch a knee down and fold it up
get on the gas
hit your apex
straighten up as you add throttle
move to the center of the seat (raise your body using your legs) after
you're more or less straight

Randy Grein