some advice re: downshifting in corner entry

Chris Burgess chris at chrisburgess.com
Wed May 18 22:49:33 PDT 2011

Randy...for me the order is incorrect:

shift to the inside
squeeze the brakes
pop up
<and pick up from there>

You want your butt to the inside of the seat before you sit up so you are in
position for the turn.  You want to already be braking before you sit up to
keep your weight to the rear.  The only reason to popup is for visibility
and bracing for the brakes.

The really interesting part about braking before sitting up is the people
behind you may key off you braking by you sitting up and if you don't, they
are now too hot into the corner and end up loosing corner entrance speed.

-Chris

--
WERA #104
OMRRA #104