some advice re: downshifting in corner entry

Jo Rhett jorhett at fastlizardracing.com
Thu May 19 09:45:53 PDT 2011

Yeah, that's what I do -- with the caveot that I add throttle and let the bike straighten up but keep my body in about the same position relative to the ground.  And I don't move my body if the next turn is on the same side.  So it's a bit more like

pop up
shift to inside
lock outside knee against tank
squeeze brakes
tip in and slowly release brakes
crack open throttle
open throttle before/after apex as appropriate
get hard on throttle, keep body low as bike raises up
bring torso back to center on the straight
move to other side of the bike if the next corner turns the other way

#553 WERA / AFM