some advice re: downshifting in corner entry

Chris Burgess chris at
Mon May 23 10:27:28 PDT 2011

Yeah the bike is pretty good after a few small adjustments.  Now I need to
continue to work on the rider. With me dragging my toes but my knee pucks
being virgin I need to focus on getting my body position correct.  I found
myself continually picking up my leg where others would be dragging knee.
I'm not looking to plant and drag...but I do need to know if I'm close
enough for my knee to drag so I won't start to drag my foot peg. :)

On Sun, May 22, 2011 at 11:58 PM, Donlon McGovern <mcgovern at>wrote:

> Nice video. How do you like PIR? You appear to be dialed in quite nicely.
> dm
> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Chris Burgess" <chris at

> Sent: Sunday, May 22, 2011 11:34 PM
> Subject: Re: some advice re: downshifting in corner entry
>  This past weekend while at OMRRA I took some video facing backwards at
>> myself.  This video will let you get an idea of what I do.  BTW: This is
>> my
>> best race so far at OMRRA and I dropped 3 seconds from the last time here.
>>  Part 1
>>  Part 2
>> -Chris

WERA #104