first gen track bike to street bike

Morgan Jones morgan at morganjones.org
Thu Oct 13 08:24:03 PDT 2011

I have a '99 first gen race bike that I am considering converting to a street bike since there doesn't seem to be much of a market for first gen race bikes.  And first gen street bikes are awesome.

It has a worked motor, shortened subframe, and flat slide carbs.

Where I might look for a stock motor?  Does anyone have one they'd like to sell?
Can flatslides be used on a stock motor without too much drama or should I look for stock carbs?
Does anyone have a stock subframe or other stock parts they're looking to get out of their garage/basement?  Perhaps in return for race parts?

thanks,

-morgan
(Philadelphia, PA)