charging system nfg ; battery takes charge but dies after riding

Randy Grein rgrein at q.com
Sun Feb 12 13:13:33 PST 2012

No, you are correct to suspect the charging system. Start by checking charging voltage; should be between 13.6 and 14.25v. it is it's time to clean the battery posts (rare). If not use the checklist in the manual; stator resistance, etc. Not uncommon for excessive charging from a dying battery to take out the charging system.