Weights of things

Erik Weber yoober at gmail.com
Sat Jul 14 14:09:10 PDT 2012

Thanks.

Yeah I think mine weighed more than 400 lbs? Not exactly sure. I
remember the perplexed look my riding buddy gave me when I told him my
SV weighed more than his GSX-R1000. "Why do they call it a
lightweight?"

I think I remember seeing a first-gen SV superbike for sale one time
that was advertised as weighing less than 300 lbs. I always wondered
what it would feel like to get off a 400 lb SV and hop onto a 300 lb
SV. And then also what it must feel like with a lot less "unsprung"
weight.