Cleaning 1st gen carbs

Patrick Mullen pmullen.lists at gmail.com
Fri Jun 8 19:40:02 PDT 2012

I can't find my 1st gen shop manual (of course, my 2nd gen is right next to me).

The pictures on this page won't load --
http://www.svrider.com/forum/showthread.php?t=85580

So...  My question --

When cleaning the carbs on an SV650, how do you clean the passages in
the two posts that don't seem to come out.  I'm especially concerned
about the one with the bunch of little holes in it in the middle of
this picture:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/575262_3467074312678_1306118636_n.jpg

I'm also curious about the post behind it, though I believe I have
that one cleaned out just fine by using my air compressor.

Thanks,

~Patrick

--
2003 Triumph Sprint ST :: 2005 KTM 300 EXC
2000 Yamaha WR-400 :: 1975 Harley FXE1200