battery de-charging, mosfet replacements, etc

Aaron Turner synfinatic at gmail.com
Thu May 24 07:17:04 PDT 2012

On Thu, May 24, 2012 at 1:16 AM, Jo Rhett <jorhett at fastlizardracing.com> wrote:
> On May 23, 2012, at 12:12 AM, Randy Grein wrote:
>> Yes. No excuse for a wimpy rectifier. Easy enough to build one (6 diodes) but the combined rectifier/regulator makes your, or rather Ernest's recommendation better.
>

> I've found 4 places that sell mosfet rectifiers that will work on the SV, and they are all out of stock right now.  Search terms are dead on ebay even.  It would appear that the manufacturer is taking a break or something?

svrider.com forums have a lot of information on this topic if you
search, but this is a useful read:
http://www.svrider.com/forum/showthread.php?t=108297

TL;DR: don't search for a sv650 R/R upgrade.  Get a GSXR or Honda
FH008EB R/R and install that instead.

--
Aaron Turner
http://synfin.net/         Twitter: @synfinatic