Premature clutch wear. 1st vs. 2nd gen?

Chris Burgess chris at chrisburgess.com
Mon Aug 12 10:07:24 PDT 2013

Why would Z say that?  I've used the Barnett clutch pack including springs in my 90hp 2nd gen for some time.  I loved the stiffer spring at the clutch lever.

I just completely rebuilt the motor (cases and all) and put in another Barnett clutch with springs. Just got it fired so no time on it.

My question is how did you get the 1st gen clutch into a 2nd gen bike?  Are you using the 1st gen clutch basket? If so, why?

And what I would look at is oil.  What oil are you using and is the clutch getting enough.

-Chris