'99 SV650 special for sale

Patrick Mullen pmullen.lists at gmail.com
Tue Jan 15 06:07:14 PST 2013

A '99 is too old and GSXR600 forks are not inverted though they are
better than stock SV forks though I'm not sure they are really all
that much better than SV shocks with emulators but I do know that it
would suddenly make your bike a superbike even though the improvement
over what you have now would be minimal at best.

If you really wanted to throw money at your front forks, I have a
friend (you may have met him) that at least used to make special guts
for stock SV shocks that maintained supersport rules but greatly
improved their performance.  But that said, what you have now would
probably benefit from a rebuild front and rear and ensuring the spring
rates are correct.  IINM, you're using a GSXR750  rear shock right as
I gave you, which was set up for me back when I was about 175# and I
never revalved it.  Hell, to say it was "set up for me" is a bit of an
overstatement.  :)

Love,

~Patrick

--
2003 Triumph Sprint ST :: 2005 KTM 300 EXC
2000 Yamaha WR-400 :: 1975 Harley FXE1200