Back from Vacation

Jerry Clair darkclarity2k at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 1 12:28:35 PDT 2007

Welcome back home Steve.
Talk about scooters. I just returned from Southern China. Scooters are the
main mode of trans port. They use helmets, -if you can call them helmets..
little pieces of plastic at best, not really protection at all. The insanity of
the occasional intersection without traffic lights, made my heart come to my throat.
The disparity of rich to poor is huge.  The Rolls Royce and  Lamborgini
 dealerships were next to a small bus stations.

Steve Northrop <blackgpz at rochester.rr.com> wrote: Well, our week in Ft. Lauderdale was fabulous. Low 80's everyday with a nice
on-shore breeze, nice room, good food, nice scenery (wink, wink). Got 3
rounds of golf in while I was down there.
Some observations I made:
-Scooters are big in Florida. Saw more of them than real motorcycles. Most
wore no gear at all. It's easier to understand people's objections to loud
Harldley's when they foul a beautiful and peaceful resort area like this.
-No one,and I mean NO ONE uses a turn signal.
-Cell phone companies are making millions a day on Floridians as at least
half the state is on their cell phone at the same time. Saw the ultimate, a
guy talking on his cell phone while riding his scooter (not hands-free).
- While scooters are big in Florida, brains are not. I completely understand
why they had all the voting trouble in the last election. I met some of the
dumbest people in my entire life last week.
-There is more money in South Florida than anyone can imagine. Rows and rows
of multi-million dollar homes with a multi-million dollar boat parked out
front in the intercoastal no longer has me feeling sorry for how much taxes
the rich pay. I actually thought some of the rich earned their money. There
aren't enough doctors, lawyers and lottery winners to account for all the
opulence there. They should definitely pay more taxes so I don't have to pay
so much. They'll never miss it.

Back to 40°F in beautiful downtown Brockport!

Steve in Western NY
'96 GPZ1100
'02 Daytona 955i
"You Can't Fix Stupid", Ron White