Dropping the forks: Lifts, Jacks, etc.

Steve Northrop blackgpz at rochester.rr.com
Wed Apr 11 16:44:54 PDT 2007

Put the bike on the centerstand, put a piece of 2x4 on your floor jack and
lift the bike carefully with the header where it hangs below the fairing,
until the rear tire touches. Should give you enough room. If not, put a
piece of 2x4 under the centerstand or wait and do it when the rear wheel is
off. I've also put a ratchet strap attached to a garage rafter around the
handlebars and pulled the front end up.

Steve in Western NY
'96 GPZ1100
'02 Daytona 955i