Dropping the forks: Lifts, Jacks, etc.

Jameson, George E. george.jameson at mirant.com
Thu Apr 12 06:53:57 PDT 2007

Where I do my work it's easiest for me to work by hoisting with a come
along or 2 strapped to the frame rails from  an overhead beam.  I've
worked on jacks and stands before but prefer to get the work up higher.
I know someone will say it's not safe, but the way I look at it the bike
really doesn't weigh much.  Engine hoists can work well also.