Seafoam

blackbear at frontiernet.net blackbear at frontiernet.net
Fri Apr 20 06:39:03 PDT 2007

on the 1983 SHadow I'm rebuilding, I've pulled the carbs apart and
cleaned everything I could reach.  Added some Techron once it was all
back together, and it would start, but ran like crap.  Half the time I
had to leave the choke on to keep it running and to reduce the
backfires on deceleration (which I hear is actually a too-rich
problem?).

I've tried to order a carb-kit for this bike only to be told they are
discontinued.
Anyone have any other ideas to get this beast running reliably?

With gas almost at $3/gal, a bike that gives 55MPG on the 87 octane
stuff is a dream come true!
EVen the mighty GPZ cannot top that (up to 45MPG but needs the 93 or
it gets REALLY cranky)

so I've considered trying to find the Seafoam and see if it helps, but
with a tankful of stabilizer, will the Seafoam cause some sort of
negative reaction?

Michael