V&H pipe rattle

Steve Northrop blackgpz at rochester.rr.com
Fri Apr 20 17:40:32 PDT 2007

>a few questions regarding the V&H SS2r pipe rattle.

Art,
     There's a vertical plate (baffle) in the collector of the header,
welded top and bottom. It's supposed to help with low end torque, like a
4-2-1 system. No idea if it really helps. It wouldn't take a lot to secure
it back in place. The factory welds look more like tack welds than finish
welds. Last time I took mine off, I removed the muffler then removed the
header and connecting pipe together as one piece.

Steve in Western NY
'96 GPZ1100
'02 Daytona 955i
"You Can't Fix Stupid", Ron White