Valve Adjust Question

1KPerDay 1kperday at gmail.com
Fri Aug 10 12:44:18 PDT 2007

The one time I took the cover off I applied gasket sealer to the
points indicated in the manual only. Particularly around the screw
hole in the bottom right IIRC. YMMV

Since then I just take the inspection cover off and bump the crank to
TDC with the rear wheel and the bike in gear. :)

On 8/10/07, Mark Reckinger <marque at battlefoundry.net> wrote:
> So, I'm in the middle of a valve adjust. Got the valve cover off and am
> about to dig in. One thing, for re-assembly., what's the deal with
> adding a sealer (RTV?) to the valve cover gasket? Do I apply to the top
> and bottom surfaces? All the way around or just the corners? --
Utah Jeff
'96 SheePz1100