NGPZ: Idle oddities on range bikes

Steve Northrop blackgpz at rochester.rr.com
Sat Aug 11 06:38:27 PDT 2007

Charles is exactly right. When the idle "hangs" like that, it's lean. Since
it didn't do it before, you probably have a vacuum leak somewhere causing
the leanness. For another bit of general tuning info, if the you blip the
throttle and the idle speed dips below the set rpm and then comes back up to
it, the idle is too rich.

Steve in Western NY
'96 GPZ1100
'02 Daytona 955i