Indiana Jonesing

Dave Daniels dwaynedaniels at sbcglobal.net
Wed Aug 22 05:08:18 PDT 2007

Plenty of class abounded, but a black one would indeed round things out a bit.

Dave King <oldfr8dog at yahoo.com> wrote:  Wow, sounds like a great weekend. Maybe next year I can join you guys. From the pix from Dave Daniels it looks like you needed a black bike to give your group a little class.

Dave King, '96 in E. Tenn.

Bill Magitz wrote:
Hi All , first off I will not apologize for the goofy subject line cuz I am fer sure jonesing for another Indiana adventure. WOW what a great weekend we had. The roads we rode the sights we saw the people we met and rode with , Awesome fricking Awesome.
I'll start with Saturday since it was the main ride day. Started with breakfast at the Cracker Barrel and the cute and charming Amanda , and shame on you Dave D. how do ya expect to get a heart warming smile ifya can't remember her name , jk , but when she said with a slight tilt of the head and a swing in her hip " My mama raised me to be justa hick" how could ya not be enamored. Anywee off we went , Dave B. Dave D. Jerry and I , to meet Don and Matt at the Williams Dam. A few photos and the adventure began. Hindostan was cool not often ya visit a ghost town. The monastery was a sight to behold and of course all those roads. Don you picked the most amazing route and set a brisk yet enjoyable pace. Lunch at the Dock , thanks again Don , a lot of laffs and good food who knew tooth picks could taste so good : ). See the pix of the view from the Overlook , kinda made me feel like i was on the Rhine river again , sweet. I'm sure I'm missing a few things but it was THE perfect
ri!
de. my tally was 335 miles and memories aplenty.
For me I met up with Jerry in London Ohio a 485 mile cruise on the Interstates. And to Jerry's surprise I had never been to a Waffle House. Check this out Dark One there is not a single Waffle House in New Jersey that's right not even one. closest one is an hour away. this was Thursday. On Friday Jerry and I metup with Dave Daniels and we tailed a cutie up 70 and when we stopped at the rest stop she was stopped right next to us so of course I chatted her up and found she lived quite close to me in fact her father works in my home town ( M&M factory) so off we go to meet Dave Beard and lunch at Diggers , hey if it's good enough for GW ............... followed by a nice ride to Bloomington. The town was abuzz with students arriving for the new year. We had some girly beer , hahahaha , and another cutie of a waitress , no smiles for me cuz I forgot her name, but ya gotta love her serving technique. and of course I gotta hit the local CD shop for some dollar cd's. Friday I
total!
led 373 miles.
Sunday was travel day Jerry and I left early 7:30 am up Rt 46 a good start , found the interstates and a little rain and at Columbus we went our ways , thanks for the escort Jerry. I had planned to stop in Bedford Pa and ride the last 4 hours Monday morning but I got to the exit by 4pm and decided to continue , bad mistake , I rode gearless in the rain for the last 6 hours of my trip , which took me until 10 pm to get home and 735 miles. But I did meet some good people on the way . Mike on his Harley I met at the toll plaza for the Pa turnpike , he followed me until I stopped for gas , kinda sound familiar guys ?? after gassing up I told him to lead and off he goes doing 80-85 MPH and then the rain , so what does Mike do?? he speeds up to 90mph. So in response to Mr French's question I would say the IRC's ride just fine in the rain. One last note before I stop babbling. I got off my last Hiway and was exhausted , wet , tired sore etc etc and 22 miles from home I had enough
s!
o I pulled over at a small shopping center. I tried to stretch my aching body tried to stop my trembling worn out limbs and finally noticed that the only open shop was a massage parlor ROFL now there's some irony for ya. but the cool thing was the BBQ restaurant at the end of the mall. the owner saw me and asked how I was and after hearing my tale he invited me in and Boss Hawg would of for sure cooked me anything i wanted even though he was clearly closed. He gave me a drink and we chatted for at least ½ an hour he made me call the wife to let her know I was ok and then insisted I call him back when I got home so he would know I was ok and then he loaned me his warm DRY jacket and some gloves and sent me on my way. Boss Hawg of the Hog Hollow Bar-B-Que is a fine gentleman and i suspect a new friend for life.
that's me and my ride report 1928 miles total , see ya in 2008 !!!!!!!!
Bill Magitz

you @ usa.com
is available and 170 other free domains.
Sign up at www.mail.com