C14 first ride.

Julian Solomensky jsolo at solo-tek.com
Fri Aug 31 06:05:31 PDT 2007

Hello Dave,

I tell it like it is :)

Would I go back to the gpz, absolutely not.  I've done similar loops like this on the gpz, I return much more tired than I did last night.

The heat issue is a big deal, especially if you're in warm weather (75F and higher, and stuck in low speed trafffic - under 45 mph).

Once you get going at highway speeds, the heat is not that big of a deal.  It'll be great when the weather turns cooler though.

Kipass is kaw's stupid electronic keyless ignition implementation.  You got this big knob like thing with a key that goes into the ign, but you have to have the electronic fob within a certain distance or the bike won't start/ign won't unlock.

Mainly, the positives I think are the power (extreme power I imagine once you get over 5Krpm - will report on that in 1000 miles or so).  The relaxed seating/handle bar position - mind you, the trip last night was relatively non stop, with only 1 10 min break in between.

Handling, brakes.  Fuel economy is likely to be directly proportional to the wrist.

It's not a bad combination of features/performance/function for a first release.  Too bad bikes don't get service packs.

--
Best regards,
 Julian                            mailto:jsolo at solo-tek.com