No GPz - The Fastest (and Scariest) Way via the 10 at Rush Hour

Dave Daniels dwaynedaniels at sbcglobal.net
Fri Aug 31 12:16:56 PDT 2007

Personally, I wouldn't trust people in cars enought to risk it. I have no idea what they are thinking or doing...are they on the cell phone...are they angry about something....will I tick them off...etc. One wrong move on their part and I'm a peanut butter and Dave sandwich. Not for me. I guess I'm just glad I don't live in Los Angelos...that reason among many others. ;-)

mrgilmore at aol.com wrote:
Hey guys,

Lane splitting is necessary in Los Angeles, period.? There actually is an "art" to doing it "safely".

#1? Don't go too fast
#2? Don't go forward if the spaces between cars immediately ahead on both sides becomes large???? enough to entice them to change lanes.
#3? Cover both brakes
#4? Watch their heads and mirrors.? If they're seeing you, chances are you'll get a courtesy widening a bit to allow you to pass with ample space.? If they don't see you, go anyway, but use descretion and wisdom, i.e. if the space is getting narrower and narrowwer, don't go until its wide enough then go through quickly.

Its not so bad really.? Just don't daydream, stay focused.
Ron Jordan
Altadena, CA 104 degrees today, too hot to ride...