No GPz - The Fastest (and Scariest) Way via the 10 at Rush Hour

Rob Schwartz coldinvt at gmavt.net
Fri Aug 31 13:03:59 PDT 2007

I'd be all over lane-splitting.  I didn't watch all 10min. of that vid, but
it looked like relatively responsible riding to me (as lane-splitting goes).
Obviously there are wrong ways to do it, but tips like Ron's and a sensible
head make it practically safe.

What ticks me off is sitting in traffic, like 8th back from a red light with
wide open road in front of it, and I'm sitting in traffic...  Why can't I
scoot to the front of the line and disappear when the light turns?  All I'll
do is make an extra 12' of space for the moron behind me to scoot forward...
Instead I have to sit there with engine and body temps rising.  People are
just SO DAMN CAUGHT UP in not allowing people to get there before them,
wherever "there" is...  Hurry up and WAIT!!!

This country really sucks sometimes,
Rob