NEW RIDE

John Wilkins jswilks at comcast.net
Sun Dec 2 11:34:27 PST 2007

Thanks Paul.

It is pretty sweet!  I'm anxiously waiting for the dealer to call to tell me
it's in.  He expects it in mid-December.

Break in is going to be a challenge.  I think I'm limited to 5500 rpm for
the first 1000km, then 7000 rpm up to 2500km.  Finally, after 2500km it's
clear to the rev limiter...

...this may take a while but I'll be sure to let you all know how it goes
and what I think.

Up front, the first impression sitting on the S4Rs at the dealer - a
beautiful black 2007 model - was how comfortable it was.  It actually has a
slightly more upright/less aggressive riding position than the GPz.  My legs
(I'm 6'2"/210lbs) tucked in like the bike was custom fitted.  So, the bike
seems to fit well at least static.

More later.

John