Chain riveting tool

andy burkard andyburkard at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 22 07:35:01 PST 2007

for as often as I replace chains and sprockets - uh,
that'd be 1 time so far since i've owned my GPz - I've
simply taken my new chain to a shop to have them rivet
it rather than dinking around with the tools (good or
bad).  I took my chain in loose, which meant i also
got to use the opportunity to lube the swing arm
bearings - an area kawasaki deemed a necessary place
to be extremely sparing on the grease packing.

swing arm removal is really not a big deal, and given
the weight / stress produced, i'd rather go with an
endless chain vs master link.

just my opinion.

andy b

http://www.jcwhitney.com/autoparts/Product/Pr-p_Product.CATENTRY_ID:2004180/c-10111/Nty-1/p-2004180/Ntx-mode+matchallpartial/N-10111/tf-Browse/s-10101/Ntk-AllTextSearchGroup?Ntt=chain