Chain riveting tool

D Peterson gpzzzzzer at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 22 07:46:23 PST 2007

Andy,

I too have had the swing arm off to replace and lube the bearings.  (The
bearings in the dog bone linkage under the shock were toast).  I have had no
problem with the rivet links on my 3 previous chains however, so I don't
think the disasembly hassle is necessary.  IMHO.  I also don't really trust
the work from dealerships - kind of a crap shoot as to the quality of the
technicain that will do the work. I had a horrible experience in Virginia
with the dealer warping both of my front rotors during a simple tire change.
  I now remove the rotors before taking the wheel in for a tire change BTW.

Regards

Dennis P
95 RED
Orem, UT USA