gpzlist activity

Dave Daniels dwaynedaniels at sbcglobal.net
Thu Feb 22 11:32:56 PST 2007

Brilliant!! If ever there was anybody who understood women, you'd get my vote bro.

David Beard <davidebeard at comcast.net> wrote:  Now, I don't claim to be an expert on women (as I'm sure one does not
exist anymore than does the Easter Bunny or an honest politician), but I
have learned a little trick that helps me when it comes time to buy
myself a new toy. I've learned that women are less in tune with monetary
value than they are with basic numbers. In other words, it doesn't
matter how much you spend on them, but how often you spend on them. What
I do is every once in awhile, I'll order something small for my wife for
no reason. I won't tell her about it, and when the UPS package shows up
with my name on it and she hands it to me, I say, "No, you open it. It's
for you!" This works on three levels. First, she feels "appreciated" and
has something to brag about to the girls at the office. "Oh my husband
just bought this for me for no reason". The other girls ooohh and aaaaww
and she thinks how lucky she is to have a husband that is always
thinking about her. On another level, she is trained to look forward to
that brown truck pulling into the driveway. Mr. UPS is no longer the
enemy, as there is always the chance that he might be bringing her a
surprise. My wife even knows the UPS driver by name (which could become
a problem at some point, but I keep my eye on her). And thirdly, when
the UPS man brings me my latest gadget, she really doesn't feel right
complaining about me spending money as she thinks to herself, if I
complain, he may stop ordering goodies for me, too.

I've taken this theory one step further by frequenting websites like
http://www.freestufftimes.com/ on a daily basis. When I run across some
freebie that I think she might like, I order it. This way she has
something coming every couple of weeks, and I don't have to spend any
money. I can't say my plan is perfect, but so far it's been working. I
even took the step of buying the little woman her own motorcycle last
fall. I figure it's money well spent, and I have not had a single
complaint about my spending habits since ;-)

Dave B