front end wrenching tips and tricks?

andy burkard andyburkard at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 23 09:23:01 PST 2007

Hey all,

I took the plunge and ordered the cartidge emulators
from Race-tech and got them on the "to do" list.

back in early december, when replacing a broken speedo
cable, i noticed the front right fork seal leaking
(again) so figured it would be a good time to do some
front end mods.

I got the "special tool" for the hex bolt a year or so
ago when we found the link on the audi or which ever
site...  got Murph's front fork "kit" for measuring
and setting up the fluids (along with seals, and
bushings), and a few years back put in the race-tech
progressive springs...

I'm assured by mr. scapps that emulators will make me
a happier guy...

after reading Art's thread on tools and their
purposes, i thought I'd ask if there are any special
secrets to doing front end work.  any tips to pass
along?

I've not gotten enough riding in lately - way too many
projects on my plate and now that the ski conditions
are improving in Lake Tahoe, i doubt I'll get much
more in any time soon...  though i really do like the
new LSL set up.  way better than the Genmars for my
aging body.

Looking to Durango, I won't make it this year either
(though I'd like to).  looks like work will have me in
India again in June.  Nothing more fun than 26 hours
in coach each way...

andy b