Important change to list

Dave Spaulding spauldingd at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 2 07:51:26 PST 2007

I'm not sure this is good news, but I don't see how to get the old behavior
back under this new software.  In the past, if you simply hit your REPLY
button, that message would go to the list and if you hit REPLY/ALL it would
go to the list and to the individual sender.

With the new software, the only way I see to get the individual sender in
the reply header is to have that be the default behavior upon pressing the
REPLY button and the only way to reply to the entire list is to use the
REPLY/ALL button.  Now, to me, that actually makes some sense, but I could
see how it could stifle conversations as some users simply use the REPLY
instead of REPLY/ALL.  This is the recommend setting and that argument is
made here:

The alternative setting argument is made here:

Lets live with this a while and see what we think.

Please feel free to REPLY or REPLY/ALL!

Dave in Des Moines