Corbin Seat on Ebay & stock seat for sale on list.

bob.sims at us.army.mil bob.sims at us.army.mil
Fri Jan 5 00:33:08 PST 2007

> I'm thinking about buying the Corbin seat on ebay, seems like a pretty
> decent price for a new unit.  Anybody have any gripes about these
> seats ?

John, no gripes from this Corbin owner.  Although, those who don't do touring or regular commuting may find it uncomfortable.  Corbins are very dense (hard), and built for day-long comfort.  Think of an old tractor seat -- very uncomfortable at first, but built to sustain many hours of continuous use.

> I'm sure if the padding isn't quite right I can ship it back for
> adjustmentsthat will only cost many $$$$, right ;-).

I learned the hard way to really protect your Corbin -- as the company charges more to re-cover the seat than most used ones sell for.  So, I recommend using the OEM seat for short trips or daily commuting, and switch out to the Corbin only for long trips.  Protect it from the weather as well.

HTH.

Bob