what a pain!

Steve Northrop blackgpz at rochester.rr.com
Tue Jan 9 18:05:07 PST 2007

A ZX11 lower end uses the same crank, rods, pistons and cylinder as our GPZ.
However, the cylinder head and cams are different. I was suggesting using a
ZX11 "short block" and bolting your GPZ cylinder head and cams onto it. They
will bolt onto a ZX11 engine no problem. I just don't know if the engine
cases (that have the mounting points) or if the countershaft sprocket offset
is the same as ours. If it were me and I was truly interested in keeping the
bike, it's something I would look into.

Steve in Western NY
'96 GPZ1100
'02 Daytona 955i