does this make me a Bad Person?

Charles Scappaticci scapco at ecentral.com
Tue Jan 16 21:13:11 PST 2007

Bob,

Last fall I was thinking the same as you, I need 2 new sets of tires,
the shock needs serviced at a minimum, it needs a complete tune-up, I
really miss my Micron and the extra power, and horror of horrors, my
friends VFR pulled me which has never happened, I used to eat VFR's for
breakfast.  In any case I was looking at around $2K to put the bike back
the way I wanted it, or save for a new one.

Thanks to a bonus at work, I made the decision to keep it for now since
it's paid for and I can do everything on the list and I'll be happy with
it again.  I could and should do most of the work myself, but I'm
currently working too many hours to do the bike's needed work and it's
colder than shit outside anyway.  I'm going to be lazy and have a
trusted dealer do the tune-up and clean and reinstall my old Dyno jetted
carbs once I get the new pipe on.  Then install my Koni and get the new
tires and I should be ready for the next two years.  By then, I should
be able to find and afford a clean used replacement.  I figure it's not
depreciating very much these days anyway.

Yours is a tough decision, are you willing to make payments for three
years or so, or do you put it off and ride the old Geeper a couple more
years like me.  Eventually those of us who haven't already done so, will
all be facing this decision, I just postponed mine for a while.  ;-)

Charles S.