Fitness

mrgilmore at aol.com mrgilmore at aol.com
Fri Jan 19 15:49:53 PST 2007

Hey guys!
I don't post much any more these days due to work load, family, etc., but I do have a minute today and want to add my $.02 on this.
It is very true that you will have a far better long range riding experience if you are in better shape.  Especially on a sport or sport touring bike with the forward lean bias.  Upper body, shoulders, neck, everything will fare better on long rides when they're toned better.  Same on that core thing: stomach, lower back, and also including your legs.  I'm no expert, and my input is purely anecdotal, but when I neglect doing my little stretching/push ups/crunches-stomach stuff, and chin ups - I don't do as well on my bike as when I do those things at least every 4-5 days...  Waay better to do it every other day, but hey, who's got time these days?
Happy trails!
Ron Jordan
131,000 plus miles on ol' red