Navigation systems banned in Switzerland?

Barblan barblan at gmx.ch
Wed Jan 24 12:46:13 PST 2007

Ped

You are right: on or in a vehicle with Swiss number plates GPS systems
with these additional functions are prohibited.
In a foreign car they could only fine you if they caught you running a
service of the type (my thinking). I've just sent the question to a
friend who works as a lawyer  for the government. We'll get the answer
tomorrow (could be interesting for Alex ...).

Any type of radar detector is banned in Switzerland. I heard they get
mean if they catch you with one ...

Cheers

George, sometimes slithering on snow today