NPGPz Content - One for the M/C rider net work

Paul Landry p_landry at telus.net
Wed Jan 24 20:24:23 PST 2007

Hello all..

A friend (and fellow rider) of mine has a query that I thought someone on
the GPz list might have some helpful info to provide..

Thanks..

Paul W. Landry
p_landry at telus.net

Anyone ever shipped a bike to Europe?  How did you do it, what was the
experience like?  I have  1998 Honda VFR currently in Vancouver that I would
like to get to Glasgow Scotland in the spring.  I've heard about airfreight
companies that do this, but wonder if they really live up to their claims.

Also, has anyone ever imported a bike to the UK (or know anyone that did, or
even heard any horror stories about it) so that it was legally registered
there?  So far I've figured out that I might need a speedo change to MPH and
there is something about the headlights regarding "dip" (alignment not high
vs low beam) that might have to be modified.  Canadian bike lights are set
up for left hand drive, UK for right.

Run across any useful websites?

The reason for all this is a pending transfer to Aberdeen, the wife says
there is no money in the budget for a new Thruxton, so I'm  figuring out how
to get the VFR there if the movers won't just stick it in the crate with the
sofa and the dishes, and of course, what might happen once it gets there.

Thanks y'all,
John Kyle