Navigation systems banned in Switzerland?

Rickard Olsson richie at webhackande.se
Wed Jan 24 23:26:30 PST 2007

Ped wrote:

>  From what I can read it is crystal clear that any warning against fixed
> or mobile speed cameras derived from a GPS based navigation system is
> prohibited.

In other news, the Swedish police now routinely list all of their larger
speed traps beforehand. This project started last summer in a bid to
make people realize that LEOs were going to be out in force and thus
lower their speeds in general. It seems to have worked and we're now
down to 400 dead per year, with close to 4 million vehicles in traffic.

In other-other news, the Swedish equivalent of the road authority (a
government agency) has downloadable maps over all speed cameras on their
website. Same reason.

Direct link (in Swedish) for anyone interested:
http://www.vv.se/templates/page3wide____16018.aspx

That said, we DO still have a ban in effect against radar- and
laser-based speed trap warning devices.

     / Rickard Olsson,IT-Konsult/
    / Telefon: +46 70 635 01 42/
   / http://www.webhackande.se/