Gas tank cap vent

Art Lischer alisch80 at mchsi.com
Mon Jul 2 18:10:19 PDT 2007

Had similar happen in E CO on way to Fandango.  Try fiddling with the
vacuum line to the petcock. It might be kinked causing petcock to shut
off fuel supply when in "ON" position.

Also try rearranging the carb bowl vent lines; if the ends of the hoses
get in a place where there is air or turbulence it won't allow bowls to
vent and slows gas flow.

Does the cap whistle or whine after sitting a few minutes in the sun?
If so the cap is venting properly.

HTH,   Art in DM