Question for you Pod Guys

Jameson, George E. george.jameson at mirant.com
Sat Jul 7 16:21:33 PDT 2007

	Block off plates are unnecessary.  I went to autozone and bought
some small metric freeze plugs.  Around 15 mm I believe, take one of the
plates in with you to size it. Drive thes in with a hammer and a wooden
dowel, leave em natural or paint of your choice, problem solved for 25
cents.
	 Second problem is easy also, most people install a filter,  The
drain hole you mention is actually the tranmission/cranckcase vent. DO
NOT PLUG, oil leaks will follow if you do.
	This has been done many times and maybe you have a good idea
where to start with jetting.  If you don't there is tons of info on
ZRXOA.  The ZRX 1100 is a milder cammed version of your engine, the GPZ
cam is a common upgrade.  If you want the total package Ivan's
performance will sell you a plug and play single afternoon solution to
your problem in the form of a pod filter specific jet kit and K&N
filters including vent filter. It will run and run well the first time
you take it out.  And if you want to tweak later by raising or lowering
the needles or changing mains the first time you pull and replace the
carbs will make it worthwhile, no airbox connection.