pods on - bike running

Steve Northrop blackgpz at rochester.rr.com
Sun Jul 8 15:02:45 PDT 2007

Never had any doubt it would start up and run! Remove the filters and loosen
the clamps on the boots. Pop the carbs back out of the boots and slide them
out the right side. Put a towel on the motor and let them rest against it.
Don't even have to undo the throttle/choke cables. This is the "no airbox"
advantage! Do one thing at a time as the circuits overlap a bit and you'll
have a better idea of what change made what get better (or worse). Set the
pilot screws out until the motor runs smooth at a steady 4000 rpm in second
gear on the road. If it's lean, it'll surge and burble. You'll know when you
get it right.

Steve in Western NY
'96 GPZ1100
'02 Daytona 955i