carb problem?

Jerry Clair darkclarity2k at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 19 13:53:54 PDT 2007

Ah! excellent point, There is an undersize battery.
The rear light is good, no front for test.
with the box off, I'll watch the slides, look for leaks.
and compare the springs 1st.

You guys rock!

Art Johnson <ajohnson at adwilliams.com> wrote: right you are. the world of acronyms makes everyone feel goofy RFN. WOT=wide open throttle.
if you've got the airbox off, can you see the slides while blipping throttle?do slides move together? may be one or two faulty. does bog only occur while riding?
could be a weak battery which allows an idle but reduced spark ignition on load.
it's a goose chase, but if you can eliminate fuel, spark or  compression items then you will zero in on problem.

>>> Jerry Clair  7/19/2007 2:21 PM >>>
Art,
I'll check for leaks, um, whats WOT ? wide open?
Man, this is humbling.

Art Johnson  wrote: Sounds like you may have a vacuum leak, or carb slides opening too quickly (weak vacuum signal) at WOT for acceleration.

>>> Jerry Clair  7/19/2007 10:43 AM >>>
OK, so I'm not the best mechanic, when it comes to carbs.
Bye-bye box. wow, what a pain and poor design. and the
reed valves, really are not like a PVC? I know we just talked about this but whats a good wat to plug it?

So, I yank the suckers off, and found the pilots at 3 turns,
instead of 2 to 2.5 turn, no biggy. Idles great now. The slides
made different sounds from one another and could be smoother.
Diaphrams intact and everything basically very clean.
Still, any acceleration and she bogs to a stall.

So, I'm considering taking the known good carbs off of
bike 1, and test bike 2 even though, the test will not have
the air box and using the muzzy as opposed to the stock
one bike 1.

I'm considering welding a handle to the darn tank at this point!
Think I should empty the tank first. J/K

Jer