2" risers...first ride impressions

Dave Daniels dwaynedaniels at sbcglobal.net
Wed Jul 25 06:22:46 PDT 2007

  Well, I rode to work this morning with the new risers on the bike. These are my first ride impressions:

  Definitely less weight on the wrist and arms. More body exposed to the wind (obviously), but the plus side of that is my head is now raised above the turbulent zone and the wind is quieter...smoother. I'm 5' 10" with an inseam of 32".

  Cornering feels a little different. Not much but a little. It'll take a little getting used to, but not much. I suppose you could offset the difference with a little more leaning forward in corners.

   It may be a little early to tell, but at least on the ride in this morning, there was no numbness under leg number 3 when I got to work. That seems to happen more on the way home for some reason, so I'll know more on that tonight. I still think I'll need a different seat because the stocker just wants to push me forward. But that's a different topic.

  Overall, I'm confident it was a good mod and will help out us old guys with our aching backs. I took some pictures of them last night and will post them in a couple days. There's always the possibility of having more made up in case another group of folks want to get together and order some.

  Dave