Concours 14, part 2 (Heat)

Dave Daniels dwaynedaniels at sbcglobal.net
Thu Jul 26 05:10:16 PDT 2007

Yes, they are all hot, but others more so. I had a 1987 Connie, and the heat hitting my shins on that bike was immense...and it wasn't a new bike. The air flow on that bike vented back right at the shins, so it was worse while moving. A lot of people rave about the old Connie's, but I for one was not impressed. Extremely heavy, bad on gas, hot while riding. The only good thing for me was the fairly upright sitting position.

dominatr37 <dominatr37 at optonline.net> wrote:  <brought this topic up on the list. I too was puzzled over the
considerable amount of heat that hit my shin bones while riding. And
then the 'problem' vanished as our bikes grew older. The excessive heat
production is probably a result of tolerances that are on the tight side
when the engine is new and the amount of heat decreases after a few
thousand miles. My guess is it will be the same for the new Concours - a
'problem' that will go away eventually.

I still consider mine to be hot in traffic. It's a motor sitting between
your legs. It's going to be hot, they all are.

Ralph L. Angelo Jr.
Author of "Help! they're all out to get me!
The motorcyclists guide to surviving the everyday world."
ISBN# 1-4137-6187-9
http://helptheyreallouttogetme.com